NOTICE: Do pardon me with the mess. Still rebuilding it up @.@
The post that you're looking for are still here. I just notice that old urls aren't working since I deleted this blog to get some of the features.

Jul 30, 2008

My MySpace Almost Got Phished

What is "phish"? Being tech unsavvy that I am and barely keeping up with this ever changing technological world my answer is no, I don’t know.

PHISH
intr.v. phished, phish·ing, phish·es
To request confidential information over the Internet under false pretenses in order to fraudulently obtain credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal data.

or

PHISHING is an e-mail fraud method in which the perpetrator sends out legitimate-looking email in an attempt to gather personal and financial information from recipients. Typically, the messages appear to come from well known and trustworthy Web sites. Web sites that are frequently spoofed by phishers include PayPal, eBay, MSN, Yahoo, BestBuy, and America Online. A phishing expedition, like the fishing expedition it's named for, is a speculative venture: the phisher puts the lure hoping to fool at least a few of the prey that encounter the bait...Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM Please. Thank you...