NOTICE: Do pardon me with the mess. Still rebuilding it up @.@
The post that you're looking for are still here. I just notice that old urls aren't working since I deleted this blog to get some of the features.

Oct 6, 2011

Mr. Holland Opus


(I know, video quality isn't good but it's the only thing I can find at least for their trailer.)

Mr. Holland Opus is a great movie classic that you can't miss and one of my favorites.

This film maybe old but issues that are being told here are still present. The repercussions that was decided then, has evidently shown corrosive results despite the knowledge of the consequences.



Mrs. Jacobs: "A teacher has 2 jobs. Fill young minds with knowledge - yes but more important, give those minds a compass so that knowledge doesn't go to waste..."




Mrs. Jacobs: "...There are people in this community who believe that Rock & Roll is a message sent from the devil himself. Now when that issue comes up, what can I tell them?

Mr. Holland: "Mrs. Jacobs, you tell them, that I am teaching music. And that I will use anything from Beethoven to Billie Holiday to Rock & Roll, if I think it can help me, teach a student, to love music.

Mrs. Jacobs: "That's, a reasonable answer Mr. Holland..."




This is not part of the movie but since today is "Teacher's Day," here's a piece of mind from TAYLOR MALI about being a Teacher V.S. a person who mocks teachers and makes a lot of money.

"...Mali is a vocal advocate of teachers and the nobility of teaching, having himself spent nine years in the classroom teaching everything from English and history to math and S.A.T. test preparation. He has performed and lectured for teachers all over the world, and his New Teacher Project has a goal of creating 1,000 new teachers through "poetry, persuasion, and perseverance..." Read More»


"WHAT TEACHERS MAKE"

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM Please. Thank you...