NOTICE: Do pardon me with the mess. Still rebuilding it up @.@
The post that you're looking for are still here. I just notice that old urls aren't working since I deleted this blog to get some of the features.

Oct 1, 2011

To Care is To Begin Healing


Modern medicine is in danger of losing a powerful, old-fashioned tool: HUMAN TOUCH. Physician and writer Abraham Verghese describes our strange new world where patients are merely data points, and calls for a return to the traditional one-on-one physical exam.

I didn't know rituals can be "calming." I thought there just for show - maybe to some. Honestly though, I use rituals myself but not for patients but that's a different story. For the record, I don’t use blood or kill animals to do so.

I'm aware how valuable technology is to the medical field and how it help us but most of us think that the high-tech the facility, the better. We simply forget that it's a tool for us to use to function efficiently. We neglect to recognize the most basic thing – the “human touch” or simply to CARE. I’d prefer it that way and not get paranoid when it comes to hospitals and doctors. I certainly don’t like being treated like an experimental guinea pig: being poked by a needle several times like a target practice. I know ‘coz it happened to me and doesn’t tickle. IT FREAKIN’ HURTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM Please. Thank you...