NOTICE: Do pardon me with the mess. Still rebuilding it up @.@
The post that you're looking for are still here. I just notice that old urls aren't working since I deleted this blog to get some of the features.

Aug 10, 2011

Toshiba 550D - AMD C50 Beats Intel Atom!


Around June (or July) of this year, I notice that there were a lot of Toshiba 520s in a computer store for sale and that's with the Harmon/Kardon speakers. I thought it to be weird since they occupy the whole table not including the window display 'coz a store usually showcase their variety of products and models available.



Weeks after, I stumbled upon the reason and that's Toshiba's 550D and that's "D" for AMD's Fusion APU that's commonly called "C-50." This particular processor is built with ATI's Radeon HD 6250 that's ideal for multimedia but more importantly for gaming. To take full advantage of AMD C-50 capabilities in Toshiba's 550D, you'll have to upgrade it's RAM to 4GB, replace storage to SSD and reinstall Windows 7 with the 64 bit.

("Unboxing..." by Nicole Scott from www.netbooknews.com)

I wish I could give you a first hand review about Toshiba 550D but there's plenty about it for the full specs of this device. I just like to comment on AMD's C50 beating Intel Atom. It's not everyday that you get to see AMD shining over Intel. I have nothing against Intel and they're great and all but AMD is the underdog. So nicely done. I know that Intel's going to build a better one but let AMD have their moment.

HDMI port instead of VGA.


See How CRYSIS runs on this device.

(Source Nicole Scott from www.netbooknews.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM Please. Thank you...