NOTICE: Do pardon me with the mess. Still rebuilding it up @.@
The post that you're looking for are still here. I just notice that old urls aren't working since I deleted this blog to get some of the features.

May 28, 2011

Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish)

If you'd like a change of view on anime (particularly exaggeratedly drawn female "body parts"), I pick and recommend watching "KURAGEHIME" (Princess Jellyfish).

It's raved by viewers and after watching it, I can see why. At 1st glance, the characters look bluntly ordinary but the story and characters are not. The characters reminded me of "L" from "Death Note" only this is one isn't dark. IT's ADORABLE! Some of the viewers compared it to "Ugly Betty" but I prefer the anime touch. Importantly, it's NOT "Ugly Betty." Kuranosuke describe it as "a den of nerds" so it's a story of nerds ^_^.

I notice Kuragehime because it pops out among the anime. Without reading the plot I thought that it was brave to be mixed with the good looking (mildly put) animes. After reading the plot, got curious, got hooked on the opening, love it, hooked on the closing and experiencing Kuragehime withdrawals. Other animes that made me experience this are Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama and Naruto Shippuuden though, Naruto is frustating to watch since some episodes are recycled (there killing me).

I find it funny that the Creator or at least I think so, placed herself in the anime as Juon, Mejiro or Mejiro senpai but we can't see her :P.

This anime is funny, entertaining, charming, some few moments of information overload and takes on the parody of unemployment, recession, etc. Having read the manga as well, it made me more curious of how the unique characters of Amamizukan develops in the story. Tsukimi was a suprise and even Mayaya. How much more the rest of the bunch?


(For Sale CLARA Dolls to raise funds for Season 2)

Though the anime is regrettably short (MAKE MORE JELLYFISH!!), just 11 episodes. Hopefully, no, WE DEMAND a Season 2!! In spite of that, IT's a MUST SEE ANIME!!

TEST: How many famous scenes can you name from watching this intro from KURAGEHIME? (I counted 6 but I could be wrong. If you don't know the 1st one, GEEZUS!)



Chatmonchy - "Koko Dake no Hanashi" (opening)

(Music Video: http://youtu.be/pOSeqSa2pa0)

Sabomaster - "Kimi no kirei ni kizuite okure" (closing credits)

2 comments:

  1. I totally absolutely 100% agree. Even though I kept feeling like I'd seen it before, Princess Jellyfish was like nothing I've ever experienced before. Some moments were so funny I scared my husband with my sudden laughter. I'm just glad that if there isn't a second season (which we're all hoping there is) I don't have to wonder if they lost the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard rumors that there's going to be a season 2. Maybe there will be since its manga is taking long to release the new issue.

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM Please. Thank you...