NOTICE: Do pardon me with the mess. Still rebuilding it up @.@
The post that you're looking for are still here. I just notice that old urls aren't working since I deleted this blog to get some of the features.

Aug 21, 2008

"Just A Moment" - Jan, April & Sept

I've been reading some random pages of "JUST A MOMENT" by Fr. Jerry M. Orbos, S.V.D. I was scanning through it since last year. Oh ya, this book was given and autographed by the author himself to my nanay. Both her and Father was with a pilgrimage group trip to South Korea. According to her, the group experienced many miracles while they were there. Hopefully there "miracles" won't be limited within S. Korea. She introduced me to this book and I wasn't interested since it is most likely similar to the Bible (yes, I'm going to hell for that. Whoa-tever). Would it horrify you if I mention I also don't do the Rosary and the fact I'm a Roman Catholic? If you want justice, my life is "hell" as it is but that's a different story. To spare you the boredom, let's continue; I was skimming through it and turned to a page that struck me, entry "JANUARY 8."
...

January 8
CALL WAITING
The next time you feel like God cannot use you, just remember "Noah was a drunk; Jacob was a liar; Leah was ugly; Abraham was too old; Isaac was a daydreamer; Joseph was abused; Gideon was afraid; Elijah was suicidal; John was bankrupt: Jeremiah was a crybaby; the disciples fell asleep while praying; Peter denied his Master; and...Lazarus was dead!" Jesus call ordinary, seemingly useless and unqualified men to become His disciples. Peter himself says it all when He tells Jesus: "Depart from me Lord, for I am a sinful man." This statement captures the reality of someone who is called. Discipleship is not so much a matter of worthiness, but the willingness to be used by God for His mission.

A MOMENT WITH THE LORD
Lord, help me not miss Your call and not to keep the people waiting. Amen.

A MOMENT WITH THE WORD
"Look, I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my call and open the door, I will come in to you and have supper with you." – Revelations 3:20
...

APRIL 26
The Best Advice
The best advice in confession came from an old (but not deaf!) priest to whom I made a general confession before my ordination. I poured out my heart and my soul, and the priest just listened. Finally, when he spoke, he told me this: "My son, just remember there is no sinner without a future, and there is no saint without a past..."It was the shortest and the best advice I ever received in confession.
A MOMENT WITH THE LORD
Lord, thank you for giving me hope when I look at my sinful past, and for giving me courage when I face the uncertain future ahead of me. My only assurance is Your unconditional love and forgiveness. Amen.
A MOMENT WITH THE WORD
"...I give no thought to what lies behind but push on to what is head." – Philippians 3:13-14

April 18
The Match Story
The story is told that there was once a family of matchsticks that lived miserably inside the dark matchbox.
One day, one of the matchsticks fell down when the matchbox was opened. He saw what the other members of her family were longing for – bright light. He also saw a man take out 2 matchsticks from the box. The first one was used by the man as toothpick, the other for cleaning the ears! But his greatest joy was when he saw the man get another matchstick, strike it, and behold came forth the light! "My gosh," he said. "The light we have been looking and longing for, is within us! I must go back to my family and tell them the good news." According to the story, the man saw the matchstick, picked it up from the floor and returned it to the matchbox. His message was: "Th light is within us." Some believed him, some did not.


A MOMENT WITH THE LORD
Lord, help me to keep on believing in the goodness that is within me and within everybody, and to continue to live in the light. Amen.

A MOMENT WITH THE WORD
"You are the light of the world...your light must shine before man so that they may see goodness in you acts and give praise to your Heavenly Father." – Matthew 5:14-16

September 24
A Lesson From The Rice Stalks
One day, I was walking with an old farmer-guide during one of my village mission trips in Abra. As we passed by the rice fields, I pointed at the tall rice stalks that swayed in the wind. I told the farmer how bountiful the harvest would be that year. The farmer, without even looking at the rice talks, taught me a lesson I could never forget. "Father," he said, "those rice stalks that stand tall and straight are empty and have nothing. It is those which are bent and lowly that are heavy with grain..."

A MOMENT WITH THE LORD
Lord, help me to remain good and humble, and not to be jealous of those who seem to prosper by evil ways. Amen.

A MOMENT WITH THE WORD
"God resists the proud but bestows His favor on the lowly." – James 4:6

September 15
Stay In Peace
Think about it: "If people talk behind your back, it simply means that you are 2 steps ahead of them."
A MOMENT WITH THE LORD
Lord, help me to stay in peace, no matter what, no matter where. Amen.

A MOMENT WITH THE WORD
"And may the peace of Christ reign in your hearts, because it is for this that you were called together in one body." – Colossians 3:15
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM Please. Thank you...