NOTICE: Do pardon me with the mess. Still rebuilding it up @.@
The post that you're looking for are still here. I just notice that old urls aren't working since I deleted this blog to get some of the features.

May 28, 2006

Protest On Burning An Art

Everybody read and seen Da Vinci Code except for me. It’s not because I don’t like to or it’s "against my religion." It’s because of some coincidental circumstances that prevented me from knowing the whole story. I only know that "Jesus from Bethlehem" had a baby with "Mary Magdalene" who we are told was a prostitute. A certain group is protecting and secretive about Jesus’s bloodline and something about location of the Holy Grail. Ever since I heard about the book, I wanted to read it and The Bible Code. Now I’m not sure about reading that book because it requires mathematical prowess, according to the people who read it.

Since Philippines claimed to be the "only Christian country in Asia" according to some people, the church violently protesting against it, saying it corrupts the Christian beliefs. They hold up huge signs and BURNED copies of the book. The same thing they did in the late 1800 where they ordered to execute a writer who wrote the blasphemous "El Filibusterismo" and "Noli Me Tangere". Most Filipinos (thank God), are curious about the story and would like to read it for themselves. Everybody knows that this book is FICTION as in NOT REAL or IMAGINATIVE.



If you ask me, I think it’s dictatorial to be told by someone that this book is bad for you or even labeled it "satanic". Even if someone is a religious person, is the Church saying that you don’t have a strong bond or faith w/ God that they’re deciding for you. You mean all the singing and Bible study means absolute nothing since you’ve learned nothing from it? Won’t this be a good opportunity for the church because it will open much questions and debate that will require the people to participate thus making it more memorable or giving more impact on the teachings of the Lord? Won’t this be a good exercise to how much you’ve learned all those years of studying the Bible? Or would you rather let the church decide for you ‘coz you’re incapable of choosing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SPAM Please. Thank you...