NOTICE: Do pardon me with the mess. Still rebuilding it up @.@
The post that you're looking for are still here. I just notice that old urls aren't working since I deleted this blog to get some of the features.

Sep 11, 2005

Jake Long VS Juniper Lee



The “American Dragon” (Disney) was seen 1st to air before “THE LIFE AND TIMES OF JUNIPER LEE” (Cartoon Network) on TV. Both story is set in New York, both have a talking dog who also acts as their guide and teacher, both have a sibling who also have undevelop powers, both deals w/ magical creatures, both are keepers of 2 dimensions,
both inherited their powers, both have the same initials (J.L.) and both main characters are Asian. There are few differences between them such as shape-shifting abilities, extra sidekicks, love interest and gender. I'm starting to think that both stories were from the same writer.


I've seen both animation and I prefer “The Life and Times of JUNIPER LEE” (Cartoon Network) not because of the character's gender but the kooky story and most especially the characters seems naturally funny. I prefer the drawing style too – detailed and colorful. Soundtrack is also nice. It blended well w/ the toon. Jake's (Disney) seems to be forcing humor to it's audience and feels kinda stiff. Somehow the writer was restricted since he/she didn't really explore the story and characters or probably the writer doesn't have the time and just wrote whatever came out from his/her head...
Anyways, I laughed at the 1st episode and got hooked. Love the dialogue, the action, the magic juxtapose to their ordinary life, etc. It's a well thought-out play and not plain.

3 comments:

  1. i've seen jake long and yes it is sometimes boring. basing on your comments here about j.lee, i'm interested to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way naobserve nako ang drawing sa j.lee looks familiar...murag sa Lilo and Stich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not really the same.Maybe because of the eyes, pasaka siya.After I wrote this comment,I read other comments or rathers reviews regarding Jake Long & Juniper Lee and so far, they like J.Lee than J.Long. Like I said b4, trying hard kaayo c J.Long.I hope u watch the "Vikings" episode of J.Lee. Now,I'm not saying this is THE best cartoons ever. I'm only comparing this 2 because of their "SIMILARITIES" with the last "S" bolded, italiced, double underlined, font enlarged and xclamation POINTed. Get what I meant?

    ReplyDelete

NO SPAM Please. Thank you...